We’re Crossing an Ocean to Fight Veteran PTSD and Suicide.
We are four veterans from different branches of the military who are rowing across the Atlantic Ocean to raise awareness for PTSD and Veteran suicide.
Veterans, both men and women, face many challenges and issues while transitioning back into civilian life. Unfortunately, many Veterans struggle with identity issues, financial problems, housing accessibility, cognitive disorders and impacts from PTSD. All of these factors can lead to suicidal thoughts and suicide attempts by those who have served.
- FOAR FROM HOME is using our platform and community to raise awareness and make an impact on these veteran PTSD and suicide statistics. We have identified two North Florida organizations who are making a discernible impact in these areas.
- FOAR FROM HOME has placed a $50,000 down payment toward the sponsorship of a 64-dog mega kennel at K9’s For Warriors.
- FOAR FROM HOME has donated $50,000 to Cross The Line Foundation, to start a Vocational or College Endowment to assist Veterans and their families during job, career or life transitions.
- FOAR FROM HOME is bringing awareness to the work and mission of The Fire Watch, Florida’s fight to end veteran suicide. They are uniting War Fighters and allies to swiftly activate local assets, stand watch, and build a life-saving network.
- FOAR FROM HOME is changing the life of Veterans today, not tomorrow.
$0We reached our initial goal of $500,000. Our new goal of $730,000 will provide a mega kennel for K9's for Warriors!
Let's Keep Going!
We have extended the goal once again to $730,000. This will purchase a new mega kennel at K9's for Warriors. We believe working together we can make this happen. All money raised from this point on will go towards the mega kennel.
Bronze Shark Sponsor - $5,000 Plus
- Nigel & Tamera Ellacott